Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cupcakes!! ♥

I recently came across a food blog through Pinterest that had a lot of great cupcake recipes. And they aren't just red velvet and chocolate cupcakes, they are a little bit more adventurous then that! You can check it out here. So after contemplating over which recipe to try, I chose the "Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Frosting".

Photo from the blog
Strawberry cupcakes are quite easy to make, nothing complicated, but the meringue takes a bit more practice. The reason I think my meringue failed was because I half-ed the frosting recipe but didn't half the amount of strawberry puree correctly, so it turned out soup-y (it stiffened up a bit after I whisked it pretty hard). But if you are thinking about trying it out, I can tell you that they are too good. If I didn't have any self control, I would have eaten the batter all by itself with out putting any in the oven. And after they're baked they taste ten billion times better, if that is even possible; but with these cupcakes, it was! ;D
Here is a picture of how mine turned out:


Like I mentioned above, the cakes turned out great, and although the frosting wasn't what it was meant to be, they tasted delicious. Another small mistake I had made was letting a couple of cupcakes I had kept strawberry-chunk-less bake for the same amount of time as ones with. The moisture from the strawberry chunks required for the cupcakes to bake for longer, so the ones that I had kept plain, got a little dry. So if you plan on doing the same, keep that in mind.

Ok, I'm probably gonna go a have another cupcake now! :)
Talk to you guys soon,
Aasya

No comments:

Post a Comment